1st Commercial Management Group a growing commercial property management company having over 20 million square footage of managed property is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Property Manager in our branch office in Austin, TX.
The Property Manager is responsible for the overall operations of a portfolio of properties and directing the assistant property manager and the administrative Assistant. Primary duties include insuring accurate billing and collection of revenue, the efficient management of expenses and repairs, minimizing liability, administration of lease terms, providing accurate & timely reports and maintaining a strong relationship with clients, tenants and vendors. The Property Manager must “Think like an Owner”.
- College Graduate preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience as a Property Manager with a commercial real estate management company. (residential experience is not a match for this position)
- CPM or CSM designation desired.
- Strong communication skills.
- Possess a high degree of organization.
- Capable at handling multiple tasks and working with several people at once.
- Great Leadership skills. Able to mentor and inspire those around them.
- Adept at anticipating problems and issues, determining possible solutions and implementing a plan of action.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient at MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe and PowerPoint.
- Real Estate License.
- Clean valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Clean background check.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Team & Property Management
- Promote 1st Commercial’s Vision, Core Value’s and Culture.
- Be a role model to the team encompassing 1st Commercials core values.
- Directs and reviews the assistant property manager and the administrative assistant in managing a portfolio of properties including retail, office and industrial.
- Communicates directly with clients.
- Functions as the Landlord’s representative with tenants and vendors. Responsible for maintaining a positive, professional, cooperative relationship with the two. Be very visible and available to tenants.
- Establishes a proactive tenant relation and retention program.
- Mentors, trains, supervises and inspires staff.
- Participates in employee selection, training, and control.
- Work extended hours and weekends as needed to complete tasks on time.
- Monitors the billing and collection of monthly invoicing to tenants.
- Monitors the non-regular billings are invoiced accurately and on time (i.e. quarterly, semi- annual or annual CAM billings, Taxes, Ins and percentage rent)
- Keeps property owner informed of potential tenant collection or failure issues, pending lease expiration's and tenant options.
Financial reporting and control
- Understands the client’s short term and long range investment plan for the property and manages the property accordingly to achieve these goals.
- Approves all non-budgeted, major or CAPEX invoices/expenditures in accordance with Property Management Policies and Procedures. Makes sure labor & lien releases are complete if applicable.
- Prepare and review monthly financial reports, annual operating budgets and CAM reconciliations.
- Monitors tenant sales reports and communicates to owner and leasing agent positive or negative trends which may affect tenants success. Insures tenants are reporting as required.
Maintaining the physical asset
- Quickly responds to tenant & property maintenance requests.
- Develops and annually updates a property CAPEX plan for the property. Makes recommendations to the property owner for physical repairs and/or replacements.
- Coordinates the ordering of maintenance requests and monitors the performance of contract services. Follows up to insure timely completion.
- Solicits and prepares vendor bids and contracts. Sets scope of work. Inspects vendor performance and makes modifications as needed.
- Supervises vendors and contractors.
- Conducts timely site inspections/walk-throughs of properties.
- Informs the property owner of any insurance claims (i.e. damage, flood, fire, slip & fall, etc).
- Responds to after hour property or tenant emergency calls.
- Abstracts all leases and understands major clauses affecting the operation and income of the property.
- Coordinate tenant construction.
- Handles new tenant move-ins and coordinates with tenants as necessary.
- Responsible for executing the On boarding process of new properties
- Interfaces with outside professionals regarding legal, accounting, insurance, tax, and other matters, as appropriate.
- Prepares and reviews new leases, renewals, amendments, assignments and payment plans.
- Ensures property files and records are maintained.
- Delivers and/or serves legal notices to tenants (i.e. 3-day notice to pay, 30-day notices, Estoppels).
- Court appearances
- Monitors requirements of management agreement with each property.
- Attend ownership meetings
We offer attractive and competitive compensation and benefits including medical, dental, paid vacation and sick days.